Archive for January, 2011
We’ve just got word that it’s time for Region 10′s 2010 SPJ Northwest Excellence in Journalism Contest.
The contest honors exceptional journalism published or produced in 2010 in Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Idaho and Montana in all forms of media (print, online, radio, and TV). Both SPJ and non-SPJ members are invited to participate in the contest.
Entries can be submitted through 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 23, 2011.
The contest coordinator provided the following information about a few minor changes made to the contest this year.
1) New contest vendor: We are now working with omniContests, an experienced online contest provider. We are very excited about this change. We believe the omni system will be more intuitive and easier to use!
2) Feature Photography category split: We have divided the Feature Photography category into two categories for Daily Newspapers: Feature Photography and Portrait Photography.
3) All entries, except General Excellence entries, MUST be submitted online this year. No exceptions.
4) Payments can be made online or mailed to us.
5) SPJ members receive a $5 discount on entry fees. Entry fees are:
SPJ members: $15 regular entries, $40 General Excellence entries
Non-SPJ members: $20 regular entries, $45 General Excellence entries
For more information about the contest, go to http://blogs.spjnetwork.org/region10/Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )
There are three more months until the SPJ Region 10 conference and the chapter is in the midst of preparation! In the coming weeks there will be updates on conference programming and information on how to register.
In the meanwhile, book your hotel room now. Our chapter has secured a special conference rate of $104.95 at the Red Lion Hotel – Richland Hanford House. The rate is good for the nights of April 8 and 9. Book your room by March 8 to take advantage of the rate.
Check the conference page for more details.Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )